background

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Good Scrappy Day!

What a good day! First, DH let me sleep in! I often have trouble falling asleep at night, but come morning I can barely drag myself out of bed. Sleeping in is so nice, especially on cool mornings! Ah!
This afternoon the big girls had their first JEWELs Christian homeschool girls club meeting. While they were there we had 2 hours to pass, so we went to Lowe's to get paint for the laundry room & school room - and had time to go to BOTH Hobby Lobby and Michael's. Didn't buy much, but always enjoy looking. I did get black & gold embossing powders. I am putting in an order this weekend with StampingScrapping for Outlines stamps and want to try embossing them stamped images. These stamps look so awesome! I am hoping to make some Christmas cards with their stamps. I also bought a cutting mat so that I will quit damaging my desktop every time I use the craft knife...
This evening, while the kids watched a movie, I had a chance to make a couple more Anniversary cards. I used some scraps & embellishments left over from a kit. The quilted pattern is not typically my style, but I really like the little butterfly embellishments, so I think they turned out pretty cute. I like how the word stickers worked out: "Grow Together" and "Life Promise", something different for my anniversary theme, but highly applicable!

No comments:

Post a Comment