background

Friday, September 25, 2009

More Anniversary Cards

Worked on a couple more anniversary cards tonight. My supply was running low. The red paper in this one was a "paper mini" from a package of papers I received recently as a PIF (pass it forward) from one of my online scrapping friends. I love the jagged precut edges in just the right size for a card front. I embossed the title block with one of my new cuttlebug folders. I think this one turned out pretty cute! I like the dark red/dark blue/cream combination.
Didn't like how this one turned out quite as well. Not sure how I could have tweaked it...The flower block was made using a Quickutz mini embossing folder. Then i ran a dark blue ink over it to highlight the embossing. Then I randomly colored in a couple of the flowers with a red accent. You can't really tell in the picture, but I also used my stardust pen to add a light glitter to the words and red flowers. Not my favorite, but glad I got a chance to play with the little embosser. I've had it a couple weeks and hadn't used it yet.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment