background

Friday, October 23, 2009

Lots of Swaps!

Man, the weeks keep flying past. I really notice it when I log in to post a layout and see that it's already been almost another week since my last post. I feel like we just rush through each day trying to meet all the day's requirements and forget to enjoy each moment. It doesn't help either that I'm constantly working on layouts of pictures over a year old...
This layout is of my boys last September on their Baptism day. Not very exciting pictures, but wanted to document this important rite. What was exciting for me was how this layout came together. First I chose a green/yellow patterned paper for my background to tie in to the boys' shirts. Then started digging through my supplies for coordinating embellishments. I found the black border, black tag, and black & yellow deco square in my pile of items I received in swaps! I added ribbon and brads to the border to tie it in to the colors a little better. Added the journaling to the tag, and I was ready to go!
The title was created by me and cut on my Wishblade. The file is available at CuttersMarket.com if you have a layout you'd like to add it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment