background

Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Dear Daughter!

DD1 turned 13 yesterday! Golden Birthday - 13 on the 13th. I can still remember being in L&D at 11PM and joking about holding on for another hour so that she wouldn't be born on the 13th. By then the contractions were very strong and labor lasted all day, there's no way I could have waited. And fortunately, she's never been one to be superstitious about the 13th. Congratulations on your Birthday! I love you so much! And I'm so proud of the wonderful young woman you are growing up to be!

Can you tell things have been busy?? The school year is in full swing and it is going smoother than I dared to hope! A lot of what the first graders and kindergartner are covering are review so far, so that has taken some of the pressure off of all of us. This way I don't feel too overwhelmed covering a ton of new material, and the kids get off to a positive start covering things they feel confident completing. The big girls are covering new things, though, and I think they got a bit of a wake up call on their first quizzes that school is really back in session and they will have to buckle down and concentrate.

I haven't really had much time to scrap. I'm really hating that I haven't gotten a chance to even touch the boys' Haiti book this week, but other things took precedence. I did play with some Studio G stamps one night and put together a couple cards made with paper scraps I had on hand. Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment