background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Double Take

Yesterday morning when we came home from an appointment DD2 noticed this rather large snake on the ground next to the carport! He was about 4 feet long. Wow!! Very cool! We took some pictures and went inside to do research to try to figure out what kind of snake it was. I think it was a black rat snake. And considering the large number of rodents living in our horse barn - that is a very good type for us to have! Plus they aren't venomous, even though DH assures me they will still bite.
When I went outside yesterday evening to feed the horse I was initially distracted by the large cockroach on the wall. Ew! I HATE those things!! So, I get the horse his treat and grain, staying as far away as possible. As I'm standing there trying to pet Justy's head I catch sight of something out of the corner of my eye. A snake is in the rafters a couple feet over my head! I could almost reach out and touch him! Yeah! He made it to the horse barn where he is needed desperately! Happy hunting little buddy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are stronger then me I HATE snakes I don`t care what kind they are, they need to be killed ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i was told with the heat the way it has been they are coming out every where to get cooled down.

    ReplyDelete